Sunday, February 25, 2018

Four done

Another ufo to the flimsy stage.  Woooohoooo!

This top just needed borders and it only took a couple of hours to do that.  Anyway, I'm thrilled with it.  Isn't it amazing what can be done with striped fabric that is cut into squares to resemble rail fence blocks?
Remember this photo from last year?  Only one more ufo to do.  You guessed it ..... borders again!  I do have a thing about borders.  This photo was my inspiration to get borders onto these tops.  Did it work for me?  Perhaps in a way, but the motivation wasn't really there to do them in a hurry.  Do I feel guilty?  Nope.  Other wonderful things got done instead.
My ufo list is down to 37.  Making progress!

On a sad note, a sibling has passed away.  He was 65.  We are waiting government red tape to give us permission to bury him.  He left no will and his siblings are fourth on the list to bury him.  His wife died a few years ago.  His common-in-law wife and children have been estranged for about 40 years now and we don't know where they are.  So, we wait.

Today has been an odd day weather wise.  Freezing rain, sleet, ice pellets.  A good day to stay indoors and work on ..... borders! 😻

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

That striped quilt does look pretty amazing! How great to check another UFO off the list--a good feeling, I'm sure. I'm sorry to hear about your brother, a very sad story. I hope things get resolved soon!

Frog Quilter said...

Sorry to hear of your brother passing. My younger brother passed in December. No will found as of yet. Messy estate situation. UGh! Sending lots of hugs to you!

Jennifer said...

Another border crossed off the list, woo hoo! Sending hugs to you and your family, and hope it all gets sorted soon.

Teresa said...

So sorry about your brother. I do hope things get cleared up soon. Nice border treatment on the quilt

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh I love the striped quilt! The cool blue would make it a great summer quilt! I find it gets harder to get things done with each birthday!

eloidastitches said...

So sorry to her about your brother, and all the troubles. My sincere condolences to your family. I hope things get figured out. Sending hugs.