Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Winning quilts

Well .... I guess a few of you have been wondering which quilts won those ribbons in my last post.  All for hand quilting.  Without further ado here they are:

Judged, First place - Hollyhocks in a Castle Garden (go here to read about it)
Judged, First place - Gathering Pumpkins (go here to read about it):
Judged, Third place - Sky Jewels (go here to read about it)
Viewer's Choice, First place - Secret Garden

This is the first time I'm showing this quilt and there is a story behind it, but that will be on another post.
My challenge quilt that I donated sold for $50.00.  Yeah!
It was a great show.  The show earned lots of money for our local hospital.  Life is good!

Yesterday was guild day and after the meeting, 22 women stayed behind to learn about hand quilting.  I'm going to teach my secrets to anyone who is interested.  Needless to say, I was shocked to see so many ladies.  If I can do it, they can too and I will be thrilled to see those ladies win ribbons at our next show in 2019.

I'm linking up to Needle and Thread Network.

Have a great day!

10 comments:

Julierose said...

they are all beautiful--those pumpkins are just so cute..thanks for sharing hugs, Julierose

CountryGal said...

All very beautiful and the ribbons are well deserved!! Congratulations!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Congratulations--your quilts are all beautiful!!

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats well done.........beautiful quilts..........

Jennifer said...

Congratulations - your quilts are beautiful, your hand quilting is superb - well deserved wins!

Laurel's Stitches said...

Wow, you are a prolific quilter. Congratulations! I can't imagine how many hours "Hollyhocks in Castle Garden" took... I think it is my favourite in this post. So pretty.

Thank you for linking to The Needle and Thread Network's WIP Wednesday.

eloidastitches said...

WOW!! That is amazing!!! They are all so beautiful. Congratulations!! Looking forward to learning about your last quilt, and would have loved to sit in on your hand quilting class as well.

liz said...

Congratulations. Surely well deserved, and witness all that approval from your guild members too.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Congratulations and well deserved. I can't imagine hand quilting the first quilt...that would have been a big job:)

Ariane said...

Wow! Congratulations on winning 4 ribbons. That's amazing! The quilts are just beautiful!!