Friday, March 18, 2016

A baby quilt

We just gave this quilt to our neighbours this afternoon to welcome their new baby daughter.  Everly is her name.

The husband arranged this with me a while back and he was to keep it secret until the birth of their daughter.  Isn't that sweet.  He said that the mother loved teddy bears .... so I drew a sketch and then added the balloons spelling out her name.  I warned him that they couldn't change the baby's name once I started the process.  They didn't.  Whew!  Welcome Everly to the neighbourhood!
This quilt has some hand quilting, embroidery and machine quilting as well as appliqué.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

.....
As Rose Marie's neighbours we are without words for how to describe how we feel regarding this unique piece of art. The quilt is perfect for our new addition to our family and we will cherish this forever. This will be her blanket as a newborn till she grows up to the point where she is too old for a blanky. But I can promise you this, this beautiful piece of art will not go into a closet. We already have plans to hang it up in her room when she grows up so we can enjoy this for many years.

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm working on a baby quilt now and hope it comes out as well. I love the way you added the balloons with her name.

Quiltbenaco said...

Bellissima!

barbara woods said...

Love that quilt