Wednesday, December 31, 2014

It was a good year!

At our last day guild meeting, all members were asked about their word that they chose to concentrate on for 2014.  Mine was 'finish'.

Only three quilts were completed and while that number is low, I am still pleased about that:

It was my goal to tackle my PHD's and do something about them.  A lot of tops got to the flimsy stage and I could not be more thrilled.  Twelve tops .... one for each month of the year.  Such a good thing!
 
Two queen size hand pieced projects .... whew .... that was a lot of work!:
Two lap size tops:

 
Two wall hangings:
 
Two fall quilts .... notice that they each have the same striped borders?  Gosh, I so love that striped fabric and there is lots more of that fabric in my stash!
These last two have been on the shelf for quite some time.  It feels so good to have them as completed tops.
My word for 2015 is still 'finish' and I will be concentrating on getting some of these tops quilted.  That is my goal.

The next top that is up for quilting is this one:
The batting and backing have been cut and I'm ready to go.

Have a great day and a wonderful start to 2015 and a very Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Misty said...

What a beautiful array of quilts! Congrats on making such progress!

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

So many wonderful quilts! Wishing you another great year of quilts in 2015. Happy New Year.

eloidastitches said...

Oh my goodness!! WOW!! Congrats on ALL your accomplishments!!! Amazing. Happy New Year!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

How fun! My favorite is the Kim Diehl quilt--it's been on my bucket list for ages--I love your version! Happy New Year!

Donna said...

Beautiful quilts!

Unknown said...

Must say you did get alot done this year though you think your number is low, there is alot of hand work that you had done that takes much time and you have no such thing as a small quilt..LOL