Saturday, November 8, 2014

Starry blades

A bit of progress has been made on my Lone Star.  All the blades are now done and the star is all sewn together.  Just the corners and triangles to sort out.
During this process, my seam ripper and I became very well acquainted ... even though the seams were matched up and pinned very carefully!    Grrrr   It was a bit tedious, but I simply hung in there and the results show well.

The above photo is a mock-up of what I want to do.  A border of cream background fabric will need to go all around the star blades. If the cream border is not there, my blades and points will just fade away into the striped fabric instead of standing out.

My brain will need to do the math for figuring out the measurements for the corners and triangles.  Math is not my strongest subject .... so, this will have to take its' time to be worked on.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

eloidastitches said...

Wow, it's gorgeous!! Love the colours. The stripes are very pretty, nice contrast. Great job!

Vicki W said...

That's going to be beautiful!

Julie Fukuda said...

I, too love your choice of colors. If I used a machine, I would be a master ripper by the time it was all together.