Saturday, January 11, 2014

Summer Sweet

With the awful cold temperatures we have been having, a little bit of summer would be most welcome right now.  Nope, that won't be for a while yet.  So, after looking over my recap post, the time has come once again to concentrate on bringing a few projects to a flimsy stage.  For each new project that gets started, one UFO must be brought to a flimsy stage.  Must.

Once again, here is my Summer Sweet top that I have been switching the white sashing strips over to blue.  It really does look so much better.  It is a pain, though, I won't lie and while ripping out the strips, I constantly ask myself what the heck was I thinking. 

Only 10 more strips and they will be done.  The more I look at this photo, the more I realize that the blue sashing strips really are striking and it was a good decision after all.  With all the busyness in the border and in the blocks, that medium blue helps to calm the look and give it focus.  This top will look gorgeous on a wall along with all my other blue/gold quilts and tops this summer.  I'm being realistic when I say the top will be hanging because it will be a few years (or more) before this beauty gets hand quilted.   I will forge ahead and gets those strips done .... before I, once again, get bored with the ripping out process!
Have a great day!