Saturday, September 8, 2012

Finish #6

Another finish for the year ..... the ball keeps rolling along!  Happy dance going on here!

Here it is, Miss Charlotte's quilt.  The teddy bears and kitties were fuzzy cut from a purchased panel and appliqued onto muslin.  This was a project started back in 2004.  Size:  39-1/2" x 53-1/4".  Hand appliqued and hand quilted.

 The back showing the hand quilting and the heart label.
We had a lovely afternoon with Miss Charlotte and her Mom.  Charlotte was having a rough day and was in a grumpy mood when she arrived.  Well, that changed when she saw her quilt!  Charlotte is laying on her Mom's baby quilt that I made in 1983.
 Here is mother and daughter with their quilts.  Aren't my nieces lovely?
 It won't be long before Charlotte is jabbering away at her quilt buddies.
Charlotte's quilt is the 94th quilt that I've made and her Mom's was my 6th quilt made.  I had a good look at the older quilt and could see how the fabrics have faded.  It got a lot of use from three children and I was surprised to see how well it has stood the test of time.   The photo below was taken back in 1983.
There are issues with broken threads all over the quilt.  I should repair the quilt so that it can be used again perhaps for another generation down the road.
Yes, another finish ..... gosh, but that feels good!

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You have come a long way baby!

Unknown said...

She is so cute. It is so nice when the quilts we make are being used like this.

Julie Fukuda said...

Great job! My mother made quilts for each of my children for their second birthday. Before I passed them on, I had to replace nearly every stitch of the quilting. Baby quilts get lots of love.

Annette said...

Adorable quilts. What a wonderful legacy you are creating. So fun to see the quilt that has been very loved.

hetty said...

Cute! The quilt is lovely too.