Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Gathering of Pumpkins

We have sold our house and bought another one to live in come June. It was 30 yrs. ago when we moved into our current house and I just don't remember the stress that goes along with a move back then. So, we have a couple of months to sit back and relax and then get serious about packing.

We de-cluttered a lot before putting our place up for sale and now, I can't find anything. My studio is almost non-existent and cabin fever was starting to set in since no quilting/sewing of any kind was done for almost a full month.

Mind you, having my studio all packed up is forcing me to work on my UFO's. I decided to just work on those and not start anything new. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get a few tops finished over the next few months.

This is my 3rd finish for the year and a bit early for autumn; but it will be ready to get hung up on the wall for display along with my collection of pumpkins come September. Here is a peek at the hand quilting. This grid design is one that I will do again. I just love it!



There are still a few threads to be tucked into the quilt and a hanging sleeve to be added. Right now, I can't find the material for the sleeve. Once we are moved it will surface at some point. :o) My label has been sewn on .... so this quilt is finished.


Quilt size: 48" wide x 47-1/4" high

Quilt source: Country Quilts for Friends by Margaret Peters and Anne Sutton. The quilt name in the book is When the Frost is on the Pumpkins.


For those of you wondering how my tally for hand qulting was for February .... let's just not go there. Other than a few days here and there, I was just too exhausted by the end of each day to do anything let alone quilting. Hopefully, March will be kinder to me.


Have a great day, eh!

18 comments:

Mary said...

I would say you did fine. Love the quilting. The quilt is wonderful. It will be just right for autumn. Congratulations on the finish.

*karendianne. said...

I have to agree - I love this quilting. Great design and this quilt is so fun. :) I won't ask about the tally. You know I'm actually the last person to tally. ♡*karendianne.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have moved five times in the last 35 years, each time purging unneeded items, I can't imagine what the heap would look like if I hadn't. Good luck with your move, half the stress is the unknown and at least you have sold the old home and found a new, so it is all downhill from here. Can't wait to see some of your other finishes your work always inspires me.

Mad about Craft said...

Good luck with the move!

I last moved 20 years ago and have never forgotten it!

Dolores said...

What a great finish. Very nice grid quilting pattern. When you get to move into your new house, you can start making quilts again.

Wonky Girl said...

Love your cute pun'kin quilt. Thanks for reminding me where the pattern is, I have that book (!). LOL
Now, I wonder if one could machine quilt the grid first and then applique the pumpkins last?

Quiltgal said...

Love the Pumpkin Quilt.

Take my advice and don't wait to start packing a box or two a day will make such a difference. We hadn't moved for more than 22 years and we got rid of loads of stuff when we were getting the house ready to sell too and somehow in the last few days before the moving truck arrived I started to run out of steam and I still had stuff to pack as they were moving us out. Congratulations on you sale and purchase and hope all goes well.

Donna said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I love the pumpkins, and the quilting looks perfect to me.

Liz said...

Good luck with the move when the time comes. 30 years, amazing, long time to be in the one place. I was sentimental after only 13 years in the one house and I found that a big move very tiring, with lots of culling of excess accumulated stuff. Hope all goes well for you.
Love the quilting, will be a lovely Autumn quilt.

Janet said...

I'm so glad you finished the pumpkin quilt, I always loved that one. All the best for your move.

Ellen said...

Congratulations on finishing your quilt - it does look fantastic!

Judy said...

I love the pumpkins! I hope that your move goes well with minimal stress.

Latane Barton said...

Love the pumpkins and the quilting. that design is so perfect for hand quilters. Moving is hard on your body, mind and soul. Take it easy and you will finally get it all in place and it will be home.

Julie Fukuda said...

Our first moves were always to a larger space but the last three have been to much smaller places, about 2/3 smaller with each move. I hope your move goes well. Of course those pumpkins always catch my eye ... I have a halloween birthday! quilting design is a winner too.

QuiltSue said...

I love the bunny with the Easter egg in your header.

Congrats on the sale and purchase of houses, I hope it all goes well and doesn't take you away from your quilting for tooo long!

Jennifer said...

Your quilt has turned out so well, and I look forward to seeing it in person!

Denise said...

Glad to hear you sold your house and you're back to blogging...I missed you! I love the pumpkin quilt...it will look great in the new house I'm sure. Happy sewing!

Norwegianstitch said...

Love your quilts :o)

Regards Linda