Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baby thingies

A niece is expecting her first baby this May and I will be busy making baby stuff over the next month or so. Since they don't want to know the baby's gender beforehand .... these will be made into a girl quilt and these for a boy quilt. I have had these blocks made since July/August 2004. They were just going to be made up for any baby, but when my niece saw me working on them, she said that she wanted them for her babies. So, they have been sitting on a shelf for a very long time and it will be such a pleasure to finally get them made up.

My niece even made up an order form for me (this is how they told me a baby was coming this year).


Flannel material has been collected for a year or so now to be made into receiving blankets. My DH keeps asking me how the baby stuff is coming along. Time will run out when my sewing machine, etc. gets packed away and I want all this stuff done before we move.


Have a great day!

5 comments:

Dolores said...

Wonderful news. I too will be busy making baby things since my little grandson informed us all that he will be a Big Brother in September.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Can't wait to see your finished baby blankets. You do such wonderful work. What a cute way to announce a baby's arrival.

Jennifer said...

Aren't they the cutest little bears! How are they made - are they painted? The fabrics are a great choice for baby things too.

QuiltSue said...

What a great way to announce the news. Both quilts are going to look wonderful.

Unknown said...

I love the order form.