Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New top and a break

I'll be taking a blog break for a few weeks to catch up on outside chores, etc. We are in the dog days of summer and this is the time of year that I usually surface out of the basement and a/c house to enjoy days that hold less humidity and heat.

Before I go, here is another project that has been brought to the completed top stage. This is the first time that I did this type of saw edge border and it is rather effective. It was a tad tricky to do, but this is something that will be repeated again in another quilt. Now, my Love Is ..... is ready for some hand quilting. This embroidery BOM was interesting to work on and I do look forward to doing some more embroidery projects in the future.

So, see you sometime in September!

11 comments:

Latane Barton said...

The quilt is very pretty, love the edge and I bet you will do that again and again. Have fun on your break... I'll be waiting for you to come back in Sept.

*karendianne. said...

Ahh gee, I'll miss you. I haven't caught up with everything yet but I reckon there's still time, ha? I mean, it's not like either of us is going anywhere. Hugs to you, Hank & Ashes. Warmly, *karendianne.

Deb said...

It looks fabulous love what you done...
Show off!! mine is still in its background cut stage!!
well maybe I can catch up on some things while you are away
Travel safe will miss you

Quilter Kathy said...

Great border idea!
Have a great vacation!
Don't stay away too long :)

Julie Fukuda said...

That is super! I'll be off at camp myself and I know time flies when you're having fun.

Jennifer said...

So pretty - and the red border sets it off to perfection! Have a great break.

Janet said...

Congratulations on finishing the top, it looks awesome. I hope you enjoy the weather and the gardening.

QuiltSue said...

Lovely quilt. Have a good rest-of-summer break.

Catherine said...

Just had to say I enjoy your blog and your work is beautiful. I`m sort of a lurker, not one to comment much. Have a nice vacation.

Unknown said...

Have a good time :)

Teresa said...

A very nice quilt. I love the border and it adds so much to the overall look of the quilt.