Monday, October 26, 2009

Aussie gifts and an UFO

I have been ever so lucky lately to receive gifts from a couple of Aussie ladies! :o)

Firstly, Jennifer gave me these lovely Aussie fabrics and calendar when we first met a few weeks ago (where has the time flown?). There was some chocolate …. but that went away rather quickly …Last Friday, I said my goodbyes to Jennifer and her DH. They fly home to Australia tomorrow. Will we ever meet again? It was lovely meeting them and you just never know who you will meet while blogging. Have a safe journey home, Jennifer and Kevin.

Secondly, I won a giveaway from Julia and her package arrived this past Thursday. After picking up all the gals and driving to the quilt show on Friday morning, we parked in the parking lot and had a mini show and tell. We all did a lot of oohing and aahing over a Halloween quilt that Jennifer made and Julia’s items that were in the package. Thank you Julia …. they will be well displayed this coming Xmas.
In my last post, I showed a photo with my quilts and UFO’s. Looking over some of those unfinished projects and the stage where they are at, I’ve decided to finish this project. All the HST’s were already made and trimmed and just sitting in a container. This week they have been made into pinwheels. It will be so good to finally get this top finished. Even Hank agrees with me.

Have a great day!

15 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Congratulations on your gifts. So great.
And your quilt is going to be fabulous. Love what I see so far.

Karen said...

Your pinwheel quilt is well worth finishing! Love all those reds you used in it.

Lisa D. said...

Wow - that UFO you are working on is drop-dead gorgeous! Can't wait to see it finished!

Barb said...

What fun gifts....and love your pinwheel quilt.

Julia said...

So glad my parcel arrived safely..enjoy!

I LOVE your pinwheel quilt..stunning!
Julia ♥

Cathi said...

What a lovely little Christmas quilt!!
Your pinwheel quilt will be so cozy for Hank and Ashes to curl up on while you quilt it! :-)

Unknown said...

What wonderful gifts, but oh that pinwheel quilt is gorgeous! Hank is right, it needs to be finished.

Vicki W said...

That pinwheel quilt is going to be beautiful!

Janet said...

I've seen the pinwheel quilt in the making before but I'm drooling all over again seeing it. Congratulations on your wonderful goodies.

Deb said...

I am so glad you have broke open that UFO!!! I love this quilt I have a picture of it when you visited long ago can't wait to see it done!!
Thanks for the great visit we had together with Jennifer I had a blast but sure crashed when I got home after my class...LOL
Hope she makes it home safe great fabric wonderful surprises in the mail!! they did look much better in person

em's scrapbag said...

Your gifts are great. Oooo and Awww I love all the pinwheels.

*karendianne. said...

What a super fantastic quilt, Rose Marie. And you know I'm sooo glad Hank is offer up a seal of approval. It's always better that way. You know, we've chatted about this. hee! I was so thrilled you won the giveaway from Julia. You're the perfect person to win this treasure. Why? Well because you are YOU. That's why.

...I would have eaten the chocolate, too!

Unknown said...

The Christmas wall hanging is beautiful. Your pinwheels are looking gorgeous.

Kiera-Oona said...

Looks like Hank is enjoying your handiwork. The quilt is definately going to look great once its done :-)

Kim said...

Rose Marie, you always have such beautiful things in the works! I am glad that you were able to have your visitors from Aussie, what a treat! Lovely gifts, too.

Those cats of yours sure are love bugs and ever so helpful, lol.