Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Abandoned no more ....

These are two of my projects that I’m working on these days.

First off ….. I’m making a pie ….. Humble Pie is the name of the quilt and it is from Kim Diehl’s book

The rail fence blocks have all been done …. just need to put them together now and that should go fairly quickly. You will be seeing more of this one again soon.

….. and my Lover’s Knot is back again. I decided to add one more row to one side and bottom. The top was OK when this was last shown but it just wasn’t big enough to fit comfortably on my bed. The borders would have been too large to make up the rest of the sizing and it would have looked awkward. So, once the blocks are done I promise to get borders on asap and not shove it on a shelf again.

I took these photos last night and just cleaned up after Ashes was sick this morning ... just a fraction of an inch away from a block in the bottom row. I could hear her but was not quick enough to move her away from my top. Lesson learned, no more blocks on the floor. I will just have to be patient until one of my design boards become free.
Have a great day!

15 comments:

Cathi said...

Your Lover's Knot top is just gorgeous! I cringed when I read about Ashes being sick and just missing a block! We've learned the signs and make sure we move the kitties or things that may be in the way when we see those signs.

Mary L. said...

I love scrap quilts and both of yours are gorgeous. I especially like the Lover's Knot.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Hi Rose Marie--

Thanks for checking in at the blog and leaving a note! Glad you enjoyed seeing my rickrack.

Your quilts are WONDERFUL! I love the Lover's Knot especially and the one you're still working on with the pinwheel sashing.

Thanks again and please keep in touch---

Joyce said...

Both are beautiful. Good luck on getting them finished.

Anonymous said...

LOVE Lover's Knot. I can only image the hours you put into making this. A piece to be cherished for sure.

Unknown said...

I am glad that the Lover´s Knot are again in process.

Janet said...

Both scrap quilts are wonderful. Good for you getting back to these. I know the lovers knot also as rose dream and I've always liked it. Are you hand piecing it or machine?

Carrie P. said...

Both quilts are so great. I really like the Lovers Knot.

*karendianne. said...

Wish I had that book so I could see what "Humble Pie" is. :) I'm sorry Ashes hacked up. I feel for you. I can relate. The rail fence makes me happy and the Lover's Knot inspires me. Wow! I've yet to make it to curves or circles so that's "out of my range."

Jennifer said...

Lover's Knot will become an heirloom, it is beautiful. Can relate to Ashes' cough-up.....we have cats too......

Cattinka said...

Both of these quilts look stuning and are going to be beautiful once they get finished. Did you aplique each block an the lovers knot? That must have been a tremendous amount or work!
KATRIN W.

Deb said...

Rosemarie.. your blocks are gorgeous wow!! there must be no wall untouched in your studio if you are using the floor!! I also love your new avatar pic it is just adorable

Crispy said...

Oooo love the Lover's Knot, not what I expected when I was waiting for the photo to load on my slowww dial-up. Very cool variation of the Orange Peel block.

Crispy

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Rose Marie...you are amazing...both projects are gorgeous...poor Ashes, at least it was a miss...

retdairyqueen said...

Love all your quilts