Tuesday, December 30, 2008

SSCS gift exchange


Now that Christmas is over, the time has come to reveal what I made for my partner, Liz, from down under.

I really enjoyed working on this tote bag and have plans to make one for me. That is just what I need …. ANOTHER bag to add to my collection! :o)
Now, I do have a confession to make. The floral fabric on the sides of the bag are from a sheet (a wedding gift that is over 31 yrs. old) that was worn down in the center. The outer sides were fine and the pattern is one that I just love. There was no way the leftovers were going in the garbage. So, they got recycled into this bag. I had a Loulee moment and quite enjoyed the outcome. :o)

Have a great day!

11 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful!

Carrie P. said...

Very nice,great way to recycle. Your handwork is fabulous.

Brenda said...

The bag is beautiful, it will look lovely at your partners side. Great choice in recycling and reusing this design it is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Did you make the pattern for the flowers yourself? They are so beautiful and to add this special fabric to the bag, makes it so special. What did your DH say when you sent it away *LOL*

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Rose Marie you really are an amazing lady, just so talented this is just gorgeous...Happy New Year to you take care Peg xx

Teresa said...

Its a beautiful bag and how clever of you to recycle the fabric. Your stitchery is so pretty and the use of the buttons just perfect. Great work!!

Anonymous said...

Boy you are creative. This bag looks like it came from upscale boutique store. I so admire creative people.

Judith said...

What a beautifull bag. I have to say I use the bag you made me often, my mother is totally jealous about it as she likes it so much.

Chookyblue...... said...

just love the bag.........thanks for being part of the swap again this year........

Liz said...

Oh lucky, lucky me.
Thank-you for such a beautiful bag with exquisitly fine stitching and the colours are so lovely and soft. I also think it is great that you re-cycled a sheet. I am definitely into recycling fabrics etc myself.
I will treasure this bag and the other gifts as well. Thank you so much your efforts are truly appreciated.
Kindest regards from Liz

May Kristin said...

Happy new year!
Your bag is absolutely gorgeous!