Thursday, October 9, 2008

Top assembled & Sun Kissed

For the longest time, I have been thinking of doing something with embroidered flowers and wondered ‘what if’ with this block. Well …. here is what my new project looks like. Not blue work, but that would have been a good option to do. There will be different colours of embroidery and bead work here and there. I’m embroidering with the batting behind my top. I don’t know how it will turn out and if there will be a problem with the piece being out of square. We will see in time. Some people are using stabilizers and Weaveline, but I don’t have any, so this will have to do for now. An outer border has yet to be added and I will need to add some more batting to one side as my piece just wasn’t big enough. That will not be a problem to do later on as it is very easy to piece batting. So, KDL …. have I put a smile on your face? 

On another topic, Julieta from Romania left a comment on my Sun Kissed post: I love sun flowers. May-I have a pattern for it?All your works are beautiful. Thank you Julieta (your email address is no-reply, so I’m replying to your question here) for your comments. Back in July of this year, I had a giveaway for the pattern for Sun Kissed and it was won by another blogger. Sorry. 

Have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful embroidery, beautiful quilt!

Brenda said...

Such a wonderful way to use embroidery in quilting. It will be divine!

Marilyn Robertson said...

This quilt will be fantastic! Please show us your progress from time to time!

Teodo said...

Bellissimo (wonderful) this project and wonderful the bag I've seen some posts ago.
ciao ciao

~Bren~ said...

Gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to see it. I LOVE the bead work in my Spring quilt you made.
Tell your reader that if she would like the pattern for the sunflower I would gladly e-mail a scan for her.

Teresa said...

Gosh that is pretty! I have really gotten hooked on embroidery lately and this one you are working on looks really great.

Unknown said...

The flowers seem to be complicated, they will be beautiful.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow Rose Marie..it looks so good, I am sure the batting will work well...can't wait to see this one finished...