Monday, August 6, 2007

Labels

For the past few years, my labels have included care and wash instructions (it is never too late to start).

My descendants down the road may never know what is involved with caring for their quilts unless it is written down for them. I could give them paper instructions, but you know how they can easily become lost. So, what better way than right on the label?

For this quilt, the following instructions have been included:

Keep out of direct sunlight.
Top & bottom: 100% cotton
Batting: 100% polyester
Machine wash gentle cycle, mild detergent, cool water, line dry.
Do not dry clean.

What is simpler than this?

Have a great day!
P.S. I also sneak in the quilt number (#54) on the label someplace. Can you find it?

14 comments:

~Bren~ said...

I saw that number and thought it was a good idea. Maybe your descendents will try to gather all your quilts for a show someday. It would not be hard because of your journal!!! Great label!

Unknown said...

What a clever idea Rose Marie, and yes I saw the number.

Anonymous said...

Your label is fantastic. I love that you put the care instructions on as well as the number. I only wish I knew which number I was on; I'd start that for sure!

Ila K. said...

The label is as lovely as the quilt! Do you hand draw and pen your labels, or do some computer magic and print them?

Elaine Adair said...

A sweet little label - sometimes our labels end up as much work as the quilt, but this one is so personal and friendly. Yes, I found the '#54'. Good idea.

Sølvis blog said...

very nice label. and smart to add washing instructions.

loulee said...

What a wonderful idea. The care instructions, and the number! I love your label by the way, thats sweet.

corry said...

From now on I'm going to add instructies on the label too, what a great idea!

Leigh said...

Your label is so pretty and the instructions are a great idea.
#54 Wow!

dot said...

I like this idea for a label. Yes I found the #, and that is a great idea also. You are very clever. I like that.

CONNIE W said...

It's a lovely and clever label. And down the road when it's someone else's hands they will be grateful it is there.

Pam said...

Very pretty label. Good idea to add the washing instructions. Never thought of that, but I bet alot of non quilters have no idea how to wash the quilt they got as a gift.

marisa said...

It's a good idea ! Ciao

Ali Honey said...

I have always put the quilts name; who it is for; who made - it name and address ( cause I have a sister in law by the same name who quilts)date ; how quilted, but never how to wash it or care for it. A very sensible tip, Thanks! I might even start numbering mine. I keep a journal and haven't been quilting too many years, so know what number I am up too. Do you count just quilts of any size and bags seperately?