Sunday, July 1, 2007

Happy Canada Day

July 1 is our nation’s birthday and we are 140 yrs. old! We’re celebrating in our own way, quietly but with pride.

This is my only patriotic quilt that I have and it is called ‘A Year of Celebration’. There is a maple leaf block with our flag in the middle and it’s the July block of the month. The idea came from my Guild and when I first joined, the lady doing BOM suggested that members could make a block for the monthly draw and make an extra block for a quilt. A few blocks were changed in the making and here is my version.

There are all kinds of decorative buttons sewn onto this quilt and it is hand quilted.

This is my label. Fun was had with crayons for colouring in the squares.

Have a great day, eh!

4 comments:

Silverthimble said...

What a lovely little quilt! We are quietly celebrating on our own here too! Happy Canada Day!

comicbooklady said...

I am afraid it will be noisy on our street as the city's fireworks display is set off practically on our front door! Happy Canada Day, eh!

~Bren~ said...

Happy Canada Day!!! Your celebration quilt is just wonderful. Thanks for posting another pic so we could click on it. It really is quite beautifully done. Bren

Leigh said...

I love your quilt and I love the way you have quilted it too.