Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Blue & Green Flower Quilt

Oh, many thanks for your lovely comments on this quilt and it isn’t even finished yet! :o)

This is definitely not my design … I’m not that clever! LOL The blocks are from “Fantasies & Flowers” by Kumiko Sudo. Now, she is definitely clever and so creative.

Doing appliqué after the quilt is finished? It’s not the first time I’ve done that. Once you start to see the flowers, you will better understand why they are being applied after the quilt has been quilted.

This method is not the right way to do appliqué, but I always do what is best for me. I’ll listen to all opinions, but in the end my decisions will be based on the better way for me to work on a quilt.

So, you all have a great day!

4 comments:

Timotei said...

The Flower Quilt is going to be beautiful! I like to do the applique after the quilting as well. It's true, you have to find the way that works for you, not thinking about what's right or wrong.

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

Hi Rose Marie, you visited my blog so I thought I'd visit yours. Wonderful scrappy quilts! Love the calico cat...she does have attitude!

Unknown said...

Rose Marie, is there a right way?...lol.. I always say that the way that works for me is "my" right way. Can't wait to see the flowers attached. Now do tell us what type of flowers they are please, so that we aren't kept in suspension for too long. I'm guessing that you do needle turn applique?
Now going to see if I can find the website for Kumiko Sudo.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I"m glad you do what works for you! I say if it works, do it!