Sunday, February 25, 2007

50th Quilt


Nine-patch is one of my favourite blocks and it sneaks into my quilts quite often. EQ5 was used for the layout of this quilt. All the fabrics were either plaids or had stars in them. This was my 50th quilt. My first quilt was for a baby and it was fitting that my 50th would be for a child as well. A grand-nephew received this one for his 1st birthday.

This quilt has a combination of machine and hand quilting. Fooled you! You thought that I only did hand quilting. From time to time, I will venture to the machine to do the quilting. Nothing fancy, just straight stitching (SID) in the nine-patches. The stars were hand quilted.

Best of all, all the fabrics were from my stash!

Many thanks to you ladies that visited my blog and left comments!

Have a great day!

Happy Birthday, dear hubby!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Very, very pretty! I love the scrappy stars in the border. Here's to 50 more! LOL!

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

Love the nine patch stars! Keep up the good blog work!

Hedgehog said...

I love this nine patch and stars quilt - had fun checking out your blog today!